Last reviewed on by
Trichomoniasis Services Provided by Trichomoniasis.Education
Media Interviews & Freelance Writing: Jenelle Marie Pierce is an STI+ Sexual Health Educator, speaker, and freelance writer covering prevention, safer sex, and transmission risk; symptoms and testing; personal narratives, disclosure, and stigma. With over 7 years of professional experience in STI education, including intersectional origins of shame and stigma, cross-cultural implications for specific populations, and first-person narratives, she specializes in dismantling stigma by reclaiming STI narratives.
Curriculum Consultations, Guest Lectures, and Workshops: Want to ensure your curriculum is comprehensive, inclusive, accurate, relevant, and empathetic? Jenelle provides syllabus consultations as well as guest lectures and workshops to supplement your programs.
Sensitivity Review: Are you working on content about STIs or narratives about people with STIs? Jenelle offers sensitivity reviews of written, audio, and visual content to help ensure your stories are relevant and responsible.
Personal Consultations: If you have a personal situation you’d like help with – questions about risk, relationships, disclosure, etc. that are specific to your unique circumstance – Jenelle is always happy to work with you individually.
Jenelle offers 3 options for personalized consultations.
- 1 hour consultation through phone or video chat with email follow-up: $145 (purchase through PayPal here)
- 4 hour-long consultations through phone or video chat, scheduled weekly or bi-weekly: $400 (purchase through PayPal here)
- Membership to Jenelle’s private online group, Dirty is for Dishes: Unlearning STI Stigma and Overcoming Shame: $34.95/monthly (purchase through PayPal here)
Online Static Content: Jenelle’s websites include over 350 comprehensive STI/STD articles, guides and fact sheets, advice answers, extensive external resource lists for each sexually transmitted disease, and a growing blog. Jenelle’s content is thoroughly researched and fact-checked for accuracy by her medical network and referenced among a large list of global sexual health educators and reference sites.
Interactive STI Services: Jenelle’s platforms are highly moderated to provide safe spaces that offer medically accurate, inclusive, empathetic, and pleasure-focused sexual health information. Jenelle also maintains an active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, & LinkedIn as well as hosting a podcast and responding in question and answer forums such as Reddit and Quora.
Referrals: Jenelle makes referrals to sexual/reproductive healthcare services and references such as: testing centers, hotlines, external forums, blogs, treatment options, educational books, and safer-sex products.
Other Outreach: Jenelle provides global outreach and education offline through tabling events, project collaboration, research, and clinician or support staff training. Additional outreach opportunities are provided through speaking engagements at colleges, universities, or community centers and conferences for students, parents, the general public, and to fellow sexual health educators.
Have Jenelle come speak for your group or at your event!
Sample Speaking Topics:
- Overcoming stigma – history, approaches, coping
- Intersectional origins of shame and stigma and cross-cultural implications for specific populations
- The admin’s personal story (including herpes, HPV, scabies, and vaginitis)
- Covering STIs in-depth: how they’re contracted, common symptoms
- Safer-sex practices: which sexual activities expose someone to which STIs, ways to mitigate risk
- STI myth vs. fact: common misconceptions and statistics
- STI Interviews – stories from around the globe
- Dating, disclosing, and overcoming stigma after an STI diagnosis
Love what we do?
Any form of support is greatly appreciated from the gratitude we receive and recommendations of this site to others to your direct donations. If you are interested in supporting our work so that we can continue to grow and help others who have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, please use the secure PayPal donation button below.
Your support will ensure we can continue to provide these services to thousands of readers daily.
– – – –